Now that they are displayed properly in their rows, it’s a nice reminder of the time spent preparing this panel; the reasons why I chose those particular images and why I laid the images out the way I did. Being a bit of a perfectionist, I spent ages to ensure it was right as I wanted to present not only images that were visually impactive, but a panel that was arranged cohesively. You’ll notice the general symmetry with the compositions and the use of B&W for the top row and colour for the bottom row. I also wanted to show a variety of photographic techniques both in camera and post-processing. All the black & white images were developed, toned and printed in my home darkroom. It was with great excitement that in August 2003 I received notification that I had been successful.
As for the next stage (Associateship), well I’m thinking long and hard the direction I want to take. Not only must the panel of now 15 images have a statement of intent, but the standard must be that much higher! I’m considering my options carefully for a future ARPS panel submission and I’m hoping I will be able to prepare some sort of panel in order to take advantage of a RPS advisory day one day soon.